Balance is a service for people who experience mental illness and/or addiction issues. We meet to help each other to become well and stay well through information, education and support.
Our purpose is to offer you choices about your rights, needs and, over time, to help you work out your own solutions to your problems.
Everyone who works at Balance has been affected in some way with Mental Health and/or Addiction Issues.
At Balance people can:
- Learn more about mental illness
- Learn about getting and staying well
- Take responsibility for their own health
- Be supported by people who understand
- Join in social and other group activities
- Be part of regular support groups
- Lose the stigma
- Write their own Recovery Plan
- Use our Advocacy service
- Use the Library of books and DVDs
- Live well