Manager / Pou Whakahaere
Balance Aotearoa is based in Whanganui. We are seeking an enthusiastic, compassionate, experienced and astute Manager to lead and support a team of peer support workers, and advocate for change in how recovery from mental health and addictions is supported. The successful candidate will have excellent people management skills and ability to lead that are drawn from their own life experiences of mental distress and/or addiction, and recovery. They will also have extensive knowledge of existing mental health and addictions services, and understanding of Peer Support.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Effectively managing the operations of Balance Aotearoa including contract delivery, finances, employer responsibilities, and workforce development
- Working strategically to provide leadership and promote a peer-led and run service
- Implementing plans to ensure that Balance Aotearoa achieves its objectives and continues to support the community
- Working in partnership with the Board to promote and implement the vision and strategic direction
- Building and maintaining effective relationships to promote Balance Aotearoa and widen support
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with relevant legislation, regulations, reporting requirements, and contractual obligations
- Supporting a small caseload of tangata whaiora
What skills and knowledge will help you succeed?
- A strong understanding of the Mental Health and Addiction community and a commitment to their health and wellbeing
- The ability to provide strong leadership, with an open and honest communication style and solid interpersonal skills
- Qualification and experience in health, social services or another relevant field
- Proven experience in driving service development, change management and quality systems
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining robust stakeholder relationships and dealing with health and social sector agencies
- Excellent financial management skills
- Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a strong cultural awareness
This is an opportunity to:
- Be part of Balance Aotearoa’s success story
- Have an impact and make a difference
- Join a people oriented, non-judgemental organisation
- Contribute to a friendly and passionate team
- Receive a competitive remuneration package